To Get Started Please Click Your State on the Map Below:
Technology has really made things more convenient for job applicants and those seeking US Postal Service employment opportunities can also harness the power of the Internet to make their search more fruitful. The United States Postal Service website (www.usps.com) has made it easier for individuals wishing to work for the USPS by allowing them to search for openings nationwide, build a profile, and send their applications through their eCareer system.
Here are the steps you need to follow when applying for USPS jobs online:
- Go to the employment website at http://about.usps.com/careers/welcome.htm. There, you will be able to read more about what it is like working for the USPS. Click on â€œWorkplace Cultureâ€ to learn why working for the USPS is rewarding; on “Compensation and Benefits” to know what the perks are if you work for the Postal Service; and “Career Development” to learn more about the programs that the agency has put in place for those who want to ascend the management ladder.
- If you are ready to search for openings, go to the “Search Jobs and Apply Online” section in the right-hand portion of the screen and click on “Search our latest job openings”. You can do an unrestricted search or search by keyword, job, or location if you are looking for something more specific. When you have already found the postal job you want, proceed to the next step.
- You can click on the “Apply” button found on the job description and you will be asked to log in to your account. If you haven’t created an account yet, you will be asked to register. You will be asked to put in your first and last names, input a user name, password, and email address. See to it that you put in the right email address so that you won’t miss any messages from USPS.
- To input your resume and other details for a particular position, all you need to do is follow the instructions in the eCareer system. Make sure that you type in what is asked for. Attach any additional documents if necessary. If you will need to take a postal battery test, you will also find the information necessary as you complete each stage in the system.
- Check your email for any messages from the USPS. You also need to open your phone lines so that you can answer calls from the Postal Service.