Applying for a USPS Job Online: Some Quick Tips
Employment with the United States Postal Service still remains a very attractive option for those who want a stable government career. The perks are numerousÃ¢â‚¬â€good pay, overtime pay, generous retirement plans, and a host of other benefits await successful career-track hires. Indeed, for those who have always been fascinated with the work of Ã¢â‚¬Å“Mr. PostmanÃ¢â‚¬Â the USPS does not disappoint.
To apply for a postal employment opportunity today, you need to have access to a computer with an Internet connection. This is because for many positions, the US Postal Service does not anymore accept paper applications. You will have to look for Postal Service openings in the USPS website and create a Candidate profile so you can continue to apply for a particular postal position. You also need to have an email address so you can receive messages that the USPS will send you about your application.
To facilitate a smoother USPS online application experience, take note of these quick tips:
- You can only use one email address to create your Candidate Profile and apply for jobs. So make sure that the address you use to log into the system is one that you check often.
- Always remember to have a record of the User Name and Password you use to log in to the system. Once you have access to the system, you will be able to monitor the status of your applications and apply for other postal opportunities without having to re-type most of the information again.
- You donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have to use one computer to send your applications. Your User Name and Password will serve as your access information to the website even if you are not at home. If you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have a computer with Internet at home, you can use those available in public libraries (free) or cybercafÃƒÂ©s (for a fee).
- Complete your postal service application in peace and quiet. There will be parts in the application form where you will need to think about what you will write. For instance, you might be asked to summarize your qualifications and that will require you to reflect to be able to form condense your achievements in a concise paragraph. Working in a place where there are a lot of distractions can cause you to make a lot of mistakes which will be detrimental to your application.
- Take note that not all browsers support the USPS application. Only Mozilla 1.7.5 and Firefox 1.0 browsers are supported for those using Linux and Mac OS X operating systems. If you are using AppleÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Leopard OS, make sure that you set your browser to enable java scripting.